Island Smart warrantees all workmanship and parts.
The essential components of a water-wise irrigation system include:
1. Shut-off valve to turn your system on or off
2. Controller to program the system’s operation and adjust for landscape needs and weather conditions
3. Double check valve assembly, a back-flow prevention device required by City of Nanaimo bylaws on all irrigation systems, to protect the public water supply and your drinking water
4. Blow-out valve for winterizing the system to prevent freezing of pipes and valves
5. Rain sensor to automatically detect rain or moisture and temporarily shut off the system
6. Sprinkler heads and emitters selected specifically for your landscape’s needs to get the most out of each drop
7. Pressure-reducer prolong the efficiency and life of your system
Adopting water savvy habits will save you money while maintaining and extending the community's water supply, especially during peak use and times of water restrictions.
Eliminate using water where it is not needed and install automatic watering for “just right” distribution of water
Water at specific times of the day for lowest evaporation
Plant drought-tolerant species of plants
Have your irrigation system inspected regularly to ensure optimal performance
Use low-volume irrigation such as drip or sub-surface irrigation
We can provide advice on adjusting your landscape so it requires less water and maintenance, while still providing a beautiful outdoor environment
Add to the beauty with landscape lighting and extend your outdoor enjoyment into the evening
Island Smart is one of the few local irrigation contractors certified to install and test water backflow prevention devices, which protect drinking water from contamination.
MICRO & DRIP IRRIGATION
We specialize in micro and drip irrigation. “Micro-irrigation" refers to a family of irrigation systems that apply water through small devices. These devices deliver water onto the soil surface very near the plant, such as through micro spray emitters, or below the soil surface directly into the plant root zone.
Micro-irrigation systems can be modified to suit your needs for precision water application.
Drip irrigation is a special form of micro- irrigation that can be set up underground to deliver water directly to plant roots, or as individual above-ground drip emitters.
We also work with traditional automatic sprinkler systems.
© Copyright 2017 Island Smart Irrigation